On June 28th it was my boyfriend’s champagne birthday and instead of a boring normal cake I wanted to go BIG. I’ve been following different Instagram accounts of bakeries that make giant cookies. I was debating on ordering one when I decided to make one myself! Not only was he surprised but he couldn’t believe that I made it! The cookie was soft and delicious but sturdy enough to hold all the decorations.
Here is the recipe I followed for the cookie cake:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
*The recipe calls for walnuts but I skipped that
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, salt, and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in greased 14 inch round pizza pan. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Cool cookie in pan on a cooling rack. Decorate as desired.
*I used a 10 inch round pizza pan to make it thicker. I found that the cookie would’ve been really thin in anything bigger.
I began with the icing which I chose half Nutella, half peanut butter.
I decided to use KitKat, M&M, Caramel Rolls and Orero Cookies to decorate the cake. I began working on my rows.
Tadaaaa! The finished product!